- Worldwide smart meter (electricity, gas, and water) shipments surpassed 132 million in 2018
- Smart meter installations to exceed 200 million by 2024.
- Estimated growth at 7 percent CAGR during the 2018-2024 duration
- Worldwide, close to 14 percent of all meters are Smart Meters
- Canada and the USA considered the Early Adopters of Smart Meters
- North America leads the race with 30-40 percent smart meter penetration rate
- APAC – Largest region in the global smart meter market
- Smart Meter Segmentation – Residential, Industrial, and Commercial
- Electric Meters dominate the Smart Meter revolution
- AMI – Lower response times, reduction in TAT for maintenance issues, and improved electricity distribution.
- North America – Leader in the adoption of Smart Grid Technology