strengthen our expertise in the Oracle Utility-based solutions to our utility
partners all around the world.
Showcasing Our Scope
In CIS Simplification
TekGeminus is your extended arm streamlining and optimizing every step of CIS (Customer Information System) implementations. Expert consultants engage with outlining the components and utility modernization – necessary for custom client projects. From current environment analysis to installation framework to phased implementation – we simplify all.
TekGeminus, with an excellent delivery record for over 25 years in the Utilities Domain, provide services to diverse industries, realizing their smart metering requirements. Our team has in-depth expertise in CIS (Customer Information Systems) and can be a technology provider for CIS implementation, depending on your requirements, size, and budget. Our implementation takes full advantage of the AMI systems to streamline the CIS processes, thereby improving the bottom-line.
- Customer Care And Billing Systems
- Work And Asset Management
- Community Solar Programs
- Alerts & Notification Preferences
- Self Service Web And Mobile Applications
We differentiate with in-depth experience in system integration, solution architecture, application development, application support of customer care, and billing systems in the utilities area. We are among the few with experience in developing a large (scalable for 2 million+ retail customers) customer care and billing system in-house. Our expertise in managing IT requirements for all subsystems of customer care and billing include:
- Customer relationship management
- Offering (Rates)
- Sites and Services Management
We offer Program management, application development, system integration, consulting, quality assurance in Work and Asset management area. Our expertise include:
- Mobile field force management applications
- Asset management applications
- Smart grid operations management
- Reengineering and modernization of system operations
Customer co-generation programs using renewable sources is a leading trend in Electrical utilities domain. We offer a wide variety of services in this area including:
- Program design and Program management
- System integration
- Application development
- Quality assurance
- Deployment and post deployment support
- Integration with smart grid / other applications
Customer communication preferences can be established (either email, text, or voice) for various alerts and notices generated for bills, payments, outage and usage. Alerts, notification, and program enrollments save time and money for both customers as well as utilities.
During power outage an e-mail, text or push notification confirming the outage and the expected time of restoration – these help utilities building customer trust in overall customer service.
Notifications help utilities to drive customers towards self-service tools, reduce call volume, and shorten call handle times and improve customer satisfaction.
We offer a wide variety of services in this area including:
- Enhance existing CIS system to accommodate alerts and preferences
- Program management
- Extend availability and maintenance of alerts and notifications on self-service web
- Quality Assurance
- Deployment and post-deployment support
- Integration on mobile APP
Self-service applications have become essential to modern CIS systems. Customers can simply log in to a web or a mobile app to perform online transactions, fetch reports, open a trouble ticket or make requests. Self-service apps keep the customers happier because they don’t have to wait for finding answers to their concerns. At the same time, the productivity of the CIS staff of the utility industry can be more utilized towards productivity.
TekGeminus has extensive experience in the development of end-to-end self-service portal including asynchronous web clients, web services, ESB configuration for the appropriate backend calls. Our deliveries include:
- UI/UX wireframes for the client app
- Component oriented client architecture
- Responsive and single-page app (SPA)
- Domain expertise in identifying the most suitable self-solution solution with an appropriate technology stack
- A comprehensive, but non complicated dashboard showing High-level usage graph
- Pending bill amount with a single click payment option
Alerts and Subscription
- Quick link for reporting outage
- Dynamic notification area for prominently displaying emergency notifications
Energy Usage Graphs
- Periodic graphs with up to 2-years usage view for the selected site
- Multiple site usage view
- Usage up to the granularity of daily graphs for smart meters
- Downloadable and exportable usage data
- Pay bill
- Pay multiple bills in a single go
- Multiple payment interfaces including debit/credit cards and banks
- Schedule a bill for payment
- Enroll in autopay
- View billing and payment history with historical bills download option
- Request due-date extension
- Outage maps for indicating the outages already known to the company
- Quick outage reporting experience
- Latest status report on the reported outage with ETA
- Online connect/disconnect/reconnect
- Online new connection/disconnection request
- Quick and easy reconnection on paying online bill
- Move connection from one site to another
- Choose an appropriate payment plan
- Move among available plans
- Open and track trouble tickets
- Provide feedback
Highlighting Our Proven Capabilities
- End-to-end implementation of CIS or CSS for several energy partners shaping the energy market.
- Understanding customer budget and requirements to define the scope of integrating AMI into CIS.
- Working closely with the AMI vendor for design and development of relevant sub-systems core to CIS.
- Leveraging technology stacks that suit the customer’s requirements.
- Designing a robust service/module in the CIS integration process so that the concerned Business Processes can be re-entrant.
- Providing timely application support and maintenance based on the feedback received from the customer/AMI vendor.
Existing CIS System
If you are in need, TekGeminus has the expertise in understanding your existing CIS architecture, porting the system to achieve scalability and robustness. Due to our profound experience in developing CIS from scratch, we ensure speedy development of system-specific CIS modules and seamless integration in your existing CIS.
A Closer Look At Service Capabilities
Development of various mobile apps and self-service web
Redesigning of CIS architecture
Application Development and Enterprise application integration
System and module level integration
Customer-based Billing System
TekGeminus is here to help you with that task. With our proven 25+ years track record of delivering end-to-end CIS systems and as a ‘Systems Integrator’ for Smart Grid applications, we can help migrate to next-generation CIS system scalable with Smart Metering.
A Closer Look At Service Capabilities
Module maintaining information about customer accounts and agreements
Module maintaining records of various functions performed in the life cycle of a metering equipment
Module providing the ability to set up pricing structures for various products and services
Modules that support the processing of online and batch payments related to CSS and non-CSS accounts
Site and Services Management
Modules that not only establishes but also maintain sites, services, service profiles and meter configuration information
Modules that initiates customer accounts and initiates appropriate actions based on the plan
Module that maintains information concerning contracts that vendor has with its customers
Towards Advanced Metering Systems
Our enthusiastic team at Tekgeminus has worked closely with several smart-metering vendors who provided the technology for communicating with the meters. We have expertise in the different areas related to smart-grid applications helping clients advance metering systems. You can count on our expertise in deploying cutting edge smart grid programs that align with your business needs and vision. We offer end to end delivery of large AMI (Automated metering infrastructure) and AMR (Automated Meter Reading) programs in Utilities area.
Fuelling AMI Implementation
The Advantages of AMI Implementations
ADVANTAGES OF SMART METERS FOR CONSUMERS
- Provide an opportunity to the consumers for optimizing the bill amount via tracking & analyzing the usage patterns.
- Enable the consumers to be well-prepared for electric outages.
- Provide the consumers with highly accurate & timely billing.
- Encourage the consumers to switch between conventional and renewable energy resources.
- Reduce the friction involved in move-in/move-out scenarios.
ADVANTAGES OF SMART METERS FOR UTILITIES PROVIDER
- Minimize the timeline involved in generation of meter-to-cash data and for timely generation of bills.
- Reduce the manual dependency on bill generation, bill collection, etc.
- Plan load shedding in a better manner via analysis of the peak load times from the usage patterns.
Beneficial Outcomes With AMI Advances
Generate Meter-to-cash data
Reduce the manual hinderance in the activity bill generation and collection
Reduce the probability of power theft, and meter tampering
Predict the demand-response cycle and outage detection
Enable Distribution automation.
Predict real-time pricing based on the usage pattern